Usenix vs. Uniforum

Ken Greer kg at elan.UUCP
Thu Jan 8 03:38:24 AEST 1987

In article <2833 at osu-eddie.UUCP>, mdf at osu-eddie.UUCP (Mark D. Freeman) writes:
> I am unfamiliar with the distinctions between DECUS and
> /usr/group, and lately with the Usenix vs.  Uniforum concept.

UNIFORUM attendees where jackets and ties and are just beginning
to learn UNIX mail, except that they forgot how to log in.

USENIX attendees where tee shirts and jeans and patch kernel bugs with adb.
The rest of their time is spent writing improved versions of shar.c.

DECUS attendees where plaid shirts and black plastic glasses
and spend their time enhancing their printer spooler in MACRO.
All their friends agree that the word UNIX nausiates them.

Just one person's view of the world ... Ken Greer
--
Ken Greer
ELAN Computer Group