Weather forecast for DC Usenix meeting

dan at msdc.UUCP dan at msdc.UUCP
Sat Jan 31 11:07:51 AEST 1987

In article <789 at pwcs.StPaul.GOV> dennisg at pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Dennis Grittner) writes:
>After the 1984 and the 1987 experience I suggest that the East
>Coast year of the Uniforum/Usenix shibang be moved to a point
>farther SOUTH ( Atlanta, Miami, whereever just NOT D.C. ). D.C.
>would be a LOT more likeable during a warmer month. I like
>January meetings, just not that far into the snow belt.

Don't neglect the fact that Atlanta got 5" of snow about 12 hours
before Washington got its 15".  And that Atlanta simply shuts down when
anything icy falls from the sky.  Under icy conditions here, the show
is much more amusing here than it was in DC (assuming that you're dry,
warm, and 100 feet from any motor vehicles).  How about we have the
conference way up North somewhere that they can cope with everything up
to and including a blizzard?  Then we can just dress up warmly and
ignore the weather :-).

----
Dan Forsyth ({akgua,gatech,mcnc}!msdc!dan)
Medical Systems Development Corporation, Atlanta, GA