Weather forecast for DC Usenix meeting

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.DEC.COM
Sat Jan 24 01:20:41 AEST 1987

In article <43077 at beno.seismo.CSS.GOV>, rick at seismo.CSS.GOV (Rick Adams) writes:
> The current extended weather forecast for Washington DC for Tuesday
> through Friday is highs in the 40's and lows in the upper 20s/low 30s.
> Cloudy, very little chance of rain.

Rick is amazing.  Absolutely right!  Not a drop of rain! :-)

Okay, so we got the biggest snowfall here in 4 years.  So there is a
foot or more of snow around here now.  No big deal.  Unless you live
in the area.  I mean, we get so little snow usually here, but when we
do it seems it has more often than not been Usenix/UniForum week.
Even when USENIX is out of town!  I got one car stuck in my driveway 2
years ago (my driveway is 1/4 mile long...) going to the airport for
the Dallas Usenix and my wife, after picking me up with the kids in
the car, got the other car stuck coming back from getting me at the
airport a week later. (The snow tends to drift on our driveway.) (THAT
night the driveway was about 10 miles long ... see, we had to carry
the kids...)

So, what I am trying to say is no more meetings in DC... huh?  Please?
(I see UniForum is having a DC meeting in August in DC.  Not much
chance of snow then, so I guess that's okay.)

Fred