gripe about Washington Usenix conference

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Thu Mar 12 04:09:10 AEST 1987

> There was a lecturn in the hall where Henry Spencer gave his paper, he
> just wasn't at it...

Because it was fairly obviously not in use that day -- no lights on it,
nobody else using it.  One reason why the situation took me by surprise
was that I wasn't at that morning's session, and the lectern was in use
the previous day.

> He was down on the floor, virtually out of sight,
> flipping foils.  I prefer to be able to see both the speaker and the
> foils.

I sympathize, but I also sympathize with people who are irked by problems
in coordinating talk and foils.  I'd made sure Geoff was going to be on
hand in case I did need a foil-flipping helper, but given a choice I do
have a mild preference for handling the AV myself.
--
"We must choose: the stars or	Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
the dust.  Which shall it be?"	{allegra,ihnp4,decvax,pyramid}!utzoo!henry