S.A. Workshop Papers & Plea

kolstad at convex.UUCP kolstad at convex.UUCP
Thu Mar 12 04:12:00 AEST 1987

Papers for the Large Installation Workshop (due last Monday) have not been
arriving in a torrent.  We expect to have 60-100 administrators of
large UNIX systems come to the conference in Philadelphia on April
9-10, 1987.  So far, we have not exceeded our registration quota.

Please do come.  Things look great so far.  Submit your one or two page
paper to me ASAP ({sun,ihnp4,allegra,uiucdcs}!kolstad).  Call USENIX if
you haven't received your workshop information:  415-213-592-3243.

Here's a list of some of the papers we have so far:

* Software Distribution
      Maintaining a consistent software environment
      System Cloning
      Automatic Software Distribution Revisited
      Software Distribution in a network environment

* Networking
      A Case Study for Network Management
      Distributed Printing/Plotting
      Managing an electronic mail system across Operating Environments
      Administering clusters of UNIX systems

* Accounts
      Creating an Environment for Novice Users
      Sharing Accounts
      An Automated Student Account System
      Maintaining Systems in the Student Environment
      A Charge Back System

* Backups
      System Backup in a Distributed Responsibility Environment
      Efficient use of Network dumping procedures
      Low cost backups for large networks
      Remote Backups
      Restoring from multiple-tape dumps

* Miscellaneous
      Using news multicasting with UUCP
      The Strategic Planning Tool for Workstation Deployment