local UNIX groups

Andrew Tannenbaum trb at ima.ima.isc.com
Thu Aug 25 03:51:25 AEST 1988

The idea of having local chapters of a global association of scientists
and engineers is not a new one.  I don't see any reason not to follow
the well-established lead of the clearest candidates, like ACM, IEEE,
DECUS, etc.  I'm not saying that USENIX is the same as any of these,
but for the USENIX staff to dismiss the idea with questions like "What
happens if someone breaks his leg playing softball at the Boston USENIX
picnic" is sort of ridiculous.

	Andrew Tannenbaum   Interactive   Boston, MA   +1 617 247 1155