FREE NEWS FEEDS AVAILABLE (WITH TELEBIT & HST SUPPORT)

Robert Alan Johnson raj at spl1.UUCP
Sun Feb 28 11:06:38 AEST 1988

I've been getting some regular mail asking if we're still offering free
feeds and mail gateways, the answer is a most emphatic YES, so I'm
reposting this notice.

We would like to let all you netlanders know that site spl1 is available to
provide high speed news feeds and mail links to all eligable organizations
*WITH* *NO* *ADMINISTRATION* *OR* *SERVICE* *CHAREGES*

spl1 is located in downtown Chicago and now has multiple USR Courrier HST's,
TELEBIT TRAILBLAZERS, and a gaggle of vanilla 2400BPS modems online
on our news/mail engine machine to support feeds.

The site is accessable through PC Persuit and operates 24 Hours/Day 7
Days/Week, dedicated to news and mail.

If there any sites which are interested in:

	o	Getting a news feed
	o	Switching their feed to a high speed (Telebit or HST)
		DDD/ (your) Out WATS site
	o	Picking up alt, biz, unix-pc or other non-standard groups,

we would be happy to accept new users (again, no fees involved).

Sound too good to be true?  It's not.  spl1 is now feeding sites like
Arthur Anderson's Corporate Offices, AT&T's National Tech Support Center,
The Santa Cruz Operation, The Internal Revenue Service, Beatrice Foods'
Corporate Offices, Reuter's Rich Inc, and others.

spl1 is well connected to both east and west coast sites and maintains
exceptional email delivery performance.

We've been up continuously for 60 days (knock on wood, a good indicator of
reliability) and haven't yet missed a feed for our sites.

Qualification for connection to our site is a function of the number of
news readers your site supports and your willingness to offer downstream
feeds.  We want to help extend and support USENET, helping a good thing
get better.

Robert A. Johnson, SYSOP        UUCP: {ihnp4,ddsw1,ll1!ll1a,laidbak}!spl1!raj
The Software Public Library    VOICE: 1 312 248 5777