Dallas Plague

bsteve at occrsh.ATT.COM bsteve at occrsh.ATT.COM
Tue Feb 23 12:06:00 AEST 1988

The incubation period for the bug appears to be between 3 and 7 days. I and
numerous others caught the bug. It is recognizable by cold-like symptoms
and fever early and later by mild to not-so-mild pneumonia. Apparently the
disease is sweeping the country as my former SO indicated to me yesterday.
She works for a group of medical practices and described their business
as "very brisk". The agent appears to be *VERY* contagious and viral. The
respiratory problems following the infection by the virus appear to be
a secondary infection due to "normal" flora and Hemophilus. Choke-Hack.
If you have had the pneumonia that follows this for more than a week,
go see your doc.

  Steve Blasingame (ihnp4!gorgo!bsteve) (bsteve at gorgo.att.com)
  Itasca, IL
  (312) 250-5376