Dallas Plague

M.W.HADDOCK rusty at hocpa.UUCP
Wed Feb 24 13:32:00 AEST 1988

In article flaps at csri.toronto.edu (Alan J Rosenthal) writes:

>The three people I went with all got fairly sick down there, and two of
>them came home sick.  They are all better now...

I was in Dallas from the Sunday before 'til the Sunday after and I
haven't felt better.  I was usually with a gang of friends (mostly
"natives") almost every night and someone would have had something
that I could have caught.  Maybe it has something to do with the
hotel y'all stayed in.

Then again, just because you're in Dallas, Texas in February doesn't
mean it ain't gonna git cold.  Bring some warm clothes next time and
watch the weather for a coupla days prior to traveling.

It's funny no one's brought up the fact that many of us froze our
<censored> off the last time Usenix/Uniforum was in Dallas.
So much for going south for the winter!

As for this summer in SF.... Mark Twain once wrote (paraphrased):

   "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

Good luck!!!

			-Rusty-
----
Rusty Haddock {{uunet!likewise!}cbosgd,rutgers!moss}!hocpa!rusty
AT&T Consumer Products Laboratories - Human Factors Laboratory
Holmdel, New Joyzey  07733		(201) 834-1023
     -- Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable
	from magic.	-Arthur C Clark-
     -- ... or a rigged demo.