Next: USENIX Conf

Skip Tavakkolian fst at mcgp1.UUCP
Sun Jul 17 08:10:39 AEST 1988

In article <23846 at bu-cs.BU.EDU>, bzs at bu-cs.BU.EDU (Barry Shein) writes:
> >This seems to be a trend: "It never snows in D.C. this time of year!";
> >"Phoenix sure is hot this year!"
> >Could it be someone in the weather dept doesn't like USENIX? ;-)
> You can add "Gowly, it nevah snows in Dallas like this!"
> Ya shoulda been on the roads around 4AM...

My wife and I were at the D.C. Winter 87 Usenix. Now she believes that the
Usenix people, in general, like bad weather (maybe to make sure they stay
inside :-) ).  Although at this summer's conference, the weather was unusually
good.

By the way, why not come to Seattle? The last time the Usenix conference
was anywhere near here, was in in Portland in 1985. Besides, I've heard that
coming to Seattle is ``the'' YUPPI thing to do.

P.S. There are a number of micro-breweries here with very good beer ...

--
Fariborz ``Skip'' Tavakkolian

UUCP	...!uw-beaver!tikal!mcgp1!fst