WARN users of caffeine pills, codeine-based headache remedies

R.SWITZER rs2 at houxv.UUCP
Wed Jun 29 22:08:57 AEST 1988

In article <1009 at ucsd.EDU>, akkana at brain.ucsd.edu (Akkana) writes:
[stuff deleted]

> What's so bad about this?  Why did he "deserve to get caught"?  Where
> would the extra $600 be going had they bought the guitar in Canada?
> It sounds like you wouldn't be as bothered by this if your acquaintance
> *had* charged the Canadians the extra $600 -- why?
>
> Puzzled,
> 	...Akkana

Sorry for the pompous value judgement, but yes, I would have been bothered
if he *had* charged the Canadians the extra $600.  The reason why I was
bothered really goes beyond the information I gave you in the story (and is
not appropriate for this group).  I will retract my "deserve" and just say
that this person was one who lived on the edge of (should I even say this? :-)
the law every day and he didn't need to.

I was intending to point out some economic reasons why border officials
are strict.

Regards,
Robert S.