Birkenstocks

Akkana akkana at brain.ucsd.edu
Sat Jun 18 11:58:42 AEST 1988

>> You can also get Birkinstock inserts for regular shoes.  The point
>> of Birkies is that you get LOTS OF arch support, plus a few other
>
>The more I hear of these, the more I want them.... I was worried about
>the arch support (flat feet, doncha know), but I may actually get
>comfy real quick, it seems!

I never did manage to get used to Birkenstocks -- they were the least
comfortable sandals I've ever worn (too much convexity where my feet
aren't properly concave).  My mom had the same reaction to them.  This
after spending about 45 minutes in the store trying on different sizes,
and wearing them for 2-3 weeks hoping they'd conform to the shape
of my feet rather than vice versa.  I finally got tired of having
stabbing pains in my feet all the time, and threw them away.  But
people with normally-shaped feet rave about them.

	...Akkana (even my *feet* are abnormal!)