WARN users of caffeine pills, codeine-based headache remedies

Akkana akkana at brain.ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 29 09:10:55 AEST 1988

In article <781 at houxv.UUCP> rs2 at houxv.UUCP (R.SWITZER) writes:
>A few years back, I had an acquaintance who routinely used to drop by
>HIS friends' music shop with orders for equipment and went and visited
>Canadien relatives and friends with "gifts".  An example of why is that
>a stratocaster (yeah, I know, who wants them anyway:-) which cost around
>$US600 here, cost about $US1200 there!  My acquaintance did not charge
>his friends and relatives the $US1200.  He used to go North through one
>border entrance and come home a different way.  To my knowledge he never
>got caught (although I personally believe he deserved to get caught).

[ I know this isn't the right group for this, but hey, there probably
won't be much traffic on this group for the next few months ...]

What's so bad about this?  Why did he "deserve to get caught"?  Where
would the extra $600 be going had they bought the guitar in Canada?
It sounds like you wouldn't be as bothered by this if your acquaintance
*had* charged the Canadians the extra $600 -- why?

Puzzled,
	...Akkana