Suggestion on USENIX scheduling, Plague

John S. Quarterman jsq at uunet.UU.NET
Mon Mar 7 09:48:47 AEST 1988

In article <1598 at m2-net.UUCP> scs at m-net.UUCP (Steve C. Simmons) writes:
>Someone (probably at UniForum) is taking the easy way out.  There are
>more cities that could handle this; Detroit, Los Vegas and Chicago leap
>to mind.  I speak as a former convention organizer.

It's /usr/group who picks sites for UniForum:  408-986-8840.
Incidentally, New York and Boston (there was a Boston USENIX in 1982)
also have facilities, but they, like Chicago, are quite expensive due
to their union arrangements.

>As I see it, your objection is not to the joint conference but that it's
>always the winter one.  So let's suggest we do a joint Summer instead.

There is no summer UniForum (yes, I know about August 89 in D.C.:  that's
not a regular conference).