Is USENIX selling attendee lists?

Jeff Janock jeff at necntc.nec.com
Wed Mar 23 08:00:29 AEST 1988

In article <5599 at swan.ulowell.edu> page at swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) writes:
>OK all, thanks for the info that USENIX doesn't sell attendee lists.
>
>day at grand.UUCP (Dave Yost) wrote:
>>If some advertising bothers you, maybe you should complain about the
>>advertising, not where they got your name.
>
>I hope this statement doesn't reflect USENIX policy.  It wasn't the
>advertising that I asked/cared about -- I chuck lots of junk every
>day, and another couple of pieces are no big deal.  It was the thought
>of USENIX selling the attendee lists that I was asking about.

I have been watching the comments on this issue.

There was no problem with the fact that I received yet another large
envelope;  The problem I had was with the reference to the fact that
I ATTENDED the recent Dallas USENIX and was INTERESTED and REQUESTED the
literature that was contained therein.  I did not go to Dallas this time around!
This type of JUNK ended up right where it belonged...  the circular file :-)

	-jj
--
Jeff Janock - NEC Electronics +1 617 655 8833 jeff at necntc.NEC.COM
{ames, decuac, harvard, linus, mit-eddie, pyramid}!necntc!jeff