USENIX does *NOT* sell the membership list!!!

Ed Gould ed at mtxinu.UUCP
Tue Mar 22 05:39:30 AEST 1988

>A group I'm associated with copyrights such lists to at least make known
>its intention that the lists not be used this way.  Usenix, being big enough
>to afford lawyers, might even be able to make a few bucks off of copyright
>infringement using this technique.  :-)

Yes, Usenix has laywers.  And they've said that such copyrights afford
essentially no protection.

--
Ed Gould                    mt Xinu, 2560 Ninth St., Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,uunet}!mtxinu!ed    +1 415 644 0146

"`She's smart, for a woman, wonder how she got that way'..."