Alt Party at Toad Hall after Usenix

John Gilmore gnu at hoptoad.uucp
Tue May 24 05:11:12 AEST 1988

To celebrate the completion of our house alt-erations, and the arrival
of most of our friends in San Francisco for Usenix, we're throwing an "alt"
party here at Toad Hall.  You-alt are invited.

The party is on Saturday night (June 25th), from 7:30 until it ends.
We will supply the usual drinks and munchies; you should bring
alt.self, alt.friends, and if you want alt.drinks or alt.munchies
you should bring those too.  There will be no tobacco smoking in the
house, but confirmed addicts can step outdoors.

Since it's San Francisco, you may find alt.sex (.safe), or alt.sources
of alt.drugs, but we guarantee alt.rock-and-roll and dancing.  Tours of
the scenic toadpond and hackers' jungle will be available upon
request.  And since we're in the Haight-Ashbury, you can wander out
into the Saturday night Haight St. scene, with 4 or 5 music clubs, N
bars, bookstores, many restaurants, etc.  Catch us at Usenix for
recommendations of places to eat dinner so that you can just walk to
our house afterwards.

	Toad Hall
	212 Clayton St. (between Fell and Hayes)
	San Francisco, CA  94117
	+1 415 221 6524
	7:30 Saturday, 25 June 88

Our house is in just about the middle of San Francisco, half a block
north of the Panhandle of Golden Gate Park (that big green spot on the
map).  Parking is limited; if you drive, look for a spot along the
Panhandle on Fell St., or in the school lot on Hayes between Clayton
and Cole.  If you transit, take the 21-Hayes bus or the 5-Fulton from
Market Street, which is about 3 blocks from the hotel, and get off at
Clayton (ask the driver).  This costs 75c exact change.  You can also
take the 7-Haight, get off at Clayton, survey the street scene, then
walk 4 blocks.  Cabs are easy too, and will cost between $5 and $6 or
so.  Crash space is available, and the transit runs all night.

So, come one, come alt, and we'll see you there!

	John Gilmore
	Laura Creighton
--
John Gilmore    {sun,pacbell,uunet,pyramid,amdahl}!hoptoad!gnu    gnu at toad.com