Wide carriage printers

John Donnelly johnd at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Thu Apr 27 04:24:54 AEST 1989

I am looking for a fairly inexpensive, reliable, wide carriage printer to
do Cheshire 4-up(spelling?) mailing labels.  A letter quality dot matrix
printer would do the job, I think.
Actually, there is a need for two such beasts.  One of the printers would be
hooked up to a Mac II (Appletalk), and the other hooked to a serial port on
a UNIX box (Sun, most likely).  My question to netland is:  does anyone out
there have experience  with such an environment; any idea of costs involved &
a good source for purchase; warnings about what models to avoid, etc.?
Please e-mail any responses, or call me at 303-499-2600.  Thanks in advance
for any assistance.