Are the conferences being held too often?

Arnold D. Robbins {EUCC} arnold at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Apr 24 05:27:21 AEST 1989

In article <1648 at ucsd.EDU> brian at ucsd.edu (Brian Kantor) writes:
>I still find it irksome to fly somewhere and
>survive a hotel for a week and come back with little to show for it.
>Thank goodness for the tutorials, which are always quite good.

Much as I hate to say it, I sort of agree.  I would like to suggest
that perhaps Usenix could sponsor a week of tutorials? Perhaps extended
tutorials, i.e. 2 or 3 days long, mixed with the traditional 1 day
tutorials.

As much work as the tutorials are, I find it very frustrating that I
can only take two at a time, when there are usually about four that
I would like to go to.
--
Unix is a Registered   | Arnold Robbins -- Emory University Computing Center
Bell of AT&T Trademark | DOMAIN: arnold at unix.cc.emory.edu
Laboratories.          | UUCP: gatech!emory!arnold	PHONE:	+1 404 727-7636
        -- Donn Seeley | BITNET: arnold at emoryu1		FAX:	+1 404 727-2599