SunView Programs for looking at UUNET FaceSaver faces.

Rick Adams rick at uunet.UU.NET
Fri Apr 14 05:24:55 AEST 1989

This program (and all the programs I have seen that read facesaver data)
is going to break this summer.

The face saver data consists of a header and the face data
separated by a blank line. The header consists of lines
beginning with keywords. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF THE ORDER OR NUMBER
OF LINES IN THE HEADER.

You MUST parse the keywords and look for the blank line separator if you want
to be able to use any new data we add.

When/if more faces are collected at the Baltimore conference, the WILL NOT
be in the exact same format. They WILL be consistant with the format
which is keyword identified headers separated by a blank line from the data.

I'm not picking on this program, but so far all of the 3 programs I have
seen presume fixed format headers. This is not the case.

--rick