want USENIX facesaver to PBM converter

Dave Marquardt davem at eta.unix.ETA.COM
Fri Apr 7 05:27:39 AEST 1989

UUNET now has the USENIX FaceSaver database of faces available, and they also
have a program available to print the faces on a Postscript device.  The
pictures print very nicely on my Postscript printer, but I'd like a way to
convert them to other formats, like X11 bitmaps and Sun icon and raster
files.

So, does anyone have a program to convert the FaceServer faces, which are in an
8-bit grayscale format, to a 1-bit bitmap format, like PBM, Sun icon, or X11
bitmap files?  Please respond by mail.  If there's much interest, I'll
summarize to the net.

	Dave