What to see at the summer Usenix conf.?

Tim Evans tkevans at fallst.UUCP
Sat Apr 29 23:10:14 AEST 1989

In article <11345 at tekecs.GWD.TEK.COM>, andrew at frip.wv.tek.com (Andrew Klossner) writes:
> Looks like I'll be there all day Sunday (a Saturday stay-over to get
> the cheap airline fare), and won't have a rental car (to save more
> money).  Is there a convenient way to get to Washington DC for the day
> and back that evening?  Maybe a train?

Amtrak trains to/from Washington, DC run more or less hourly from Baltimore's
Penn Station, which is located about 20 blocks from the Convention Center.
Once you get to DC, there's a Metro (subway) stop right in Union Station.
DC's Union Station is within walking distance of Capitol Hill, but you'll
want to use Metro to get elsewhere to the major monuments, etc.--unless
you really like walking.
--
UUCP:  ...!{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!aplcen!wb3ffv!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:  tkevans%fallst at wb3ffv.ampr.org
OTHER: ...!attmail!fallst!tkevans
Tim Evans  2201 Brookhaven Court, Fallston, MD  21047   (301) 965-3286