Networks considered harmful/Re: USENIX board studies UUCP

George W. Leach reggie at dinsdale.nm.paradyne.com
Thu Dec 21 21:35:40 AEST 1989

In article <106 at van-bc.UUCP> sl at van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) writes:

>A couple of suggestions.

>First anything you do shouldn't disenfranchise the existing successful base
>that is using fax technology. Your new protocol should be able to send "email"
>to a fax machine and receive and print a fax from a fax machine.

   I believe ATTMAIL provides this capability, and more.....  I have heard
that you will be able to broadcast a FAX message via a store and forward
from ATTMAIL in the future (if not now).

George W. Leach					AT&T Paradyne
(uunet|att)!pdn!reggie				Mail stop LG-133
Phone: 1-813-530-2376				P.O. Box 2826
FAX: 1-813-530-8224				Largo, FL 34649-2826 USA