Networks considered harmful/Re: USENIX board studies UUCP

Steve Nuchia steve at nuchat.UUCP
Sun Dec 24 03:55:23 AEST 1989

In article <7403 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>And as for the transfer speeds, my proposal has been demonstrated at up to
>18,000 baud using Telebit Trailblazers. That's about twice as fast as FAX.

Isn't it misleading to compare baud (actually, bit) rates for FAX and
E-mail?  One is sending an image, the other text.  FAX has a lot of
advantages, but text transfer efficiency isn't one of them.
--
Steve Nuchia	      South Coast Computing Services      (713) 964-2462
"If the conjecture `You would rather I had not disturbed you