nominating committee

Melinda Shore shore at mtxinu.COM
Fri Dec 15 13:01:15 AEST 1989

In article <3806 at ccnysci.UUCP> dan at ccnysci.UUCP (Dan Schlitt) writes:
>Here the Board abdicates its responsibility to the organization.
>Nominations are important and the quality of the nominees depends on
>the quality of the nominating committee.

Actually, what bothers me about all this is that the nominations
that come out of the committee are largely irrelevant, given that it
is trivial to petition to be on the ballot (*5* signatures?!) and
that in the past nominations from the committee and nominations
through petition haven't been distinguished on the ballot.
Melinda Shore                                     shore at mtxinu.com
Mt Xinu                                  ..!uunet!mtxinu.com!shore