suggestions for future conferences

David H. Wolfskill david at dhw68k.cts.com
Tue Feb 14 00:33:11 AEST 1989

In article <5586 at pdn.nm.paradyne.com> reggie at pdn.nm.paradyne.com (George W. Leach) writes:
>In article <8902090223.AA01916 at decwrl.dec.com> devine at cookie.dec.com (Bob Devine) writes:
>>  Other suggestions are:

>>4. Open up the conferences to more than Unix....

>     Quick, take away this man's source license :-)  May you be condemned
>to a life of assembly programming on an IBM 370 in the hell of MISland!!!

Ummm....  I think -- as one who seems to have received such a
condemnation -- that such a punishment is a bit on the harsh side....

(Yes, it's a daily pair of culture-shocks to go to work where I'm a
systems programmer on an IBM machine running MVS/XA, then come back to
this UNIX machine at home.  Of course, that's one reason I give away
logins on the machine (especially to my colleagues at work) -- to show
them the Right Way....  Not sure it really does a lot of good, though --
management seems to think the whole group (systems programmers... nearly
all of whom have logins here) are a bunch of trouble-makers....  :-)

Perhaps just a couple of months would be adequate to convince him of the
error of his ways....  :-) :-)

Let us not be harsh,
david
--