conference refreshments

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.COM
Thu Feb 16 03:35:48 AEST 1989

In article <4429 at hubcap.UUCP> hubcap at hubcap.UUCP (Mike Marshall) writes:
>Just in case they think we don't appreciate them, I thought the
>coffee and danishes (my last usenix was this summer's SF) were great!

However, unlike last Summer's danish, the San Diego pastries disappeared
immediately as the conference attendees swarmed out of the hall towards
the tables like so many locusts.  Short, polite people (like me) who didn't
have a goon running interference for them missed out.  I'd recommend at least
one refill.  Oh, also, could someone tell the hotel staff not to reclaim the
coffee and cups until the next session starts, please...  Thanks.

As long as we're bareing our tritest refreshment pet peeves, I *HATE*
tutorials whose teachers are so self-absorbed that the classes run
20 minutes into the break, leading to a variation on the paragraph
above.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer