First impressions

Gregory G. Woodbury ggw at wolves.UUCP
Mon Jul 10 02:44:33 AEST 1989

In article <1989Jul7.183147.7129 at sq.sq.com> msb at sq.com (Mark Brader) writes:
>> If people want more good papers, they should start submitting them.
>
>But what people want is good papers written by *other* people!
>They already know about their own work...

	Sure, I know my own work, and I think that someone out there might
like to hear about it, BUT... I'm just the computer guru for a soft-science
discipline shop (demographics) and don't get the consideration of taking
the time to prepare papers and going to conferences to present them.
	Besides that, the USENIX Call for Participation lists the "themes"
for the meetings, and my problems don't seem to match the recent themes.