First impressions

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sat Jul 15 01:28:12 AEST 1989

In article <1S3gCM#zOlw6=ggw at wolves.uucp> ggw at wolves.UUCP (Gregory G. Woodbury) writes:
>	Besides that, the USENIX Call for Participation lists the "themes"
>for the meetings, and my problems don't seem to match the recent themes.

Except on one or two occasions when the whole conference has been structured
around them, the "themes" are clearly intended as suggestions, not mandatory
topics.  Compare the call-for-papers "themes" with the actual topics in the
conference proceedings of any recent Usenix; there isn't a whole lot of
correlation.  Unless things pick up radically from the last couple of times,
it is most unlikely that a decent paper with some connection to Unix will
be rejected.  But if you do not submit it, it *cannot* be accepted.
--
$10 million equals 18 PM       |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
(Pentagon-Minutes). -Tom Neff  | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu