Jim Joyce, books, vendor booths, etc.

Robert J. Granvin rjg at sialis.mn.org
Fri Jun 23 10:38:09 AEST 1989

>>A bookseller can do what HCR did, for different reasons:  buy a "virtual
>>booth", paying the fee but not actually occupying any space on the show
>>floor.

>	Hmm.  So you really think it is equitable to force someone into
>paying for a booth they can't use?  Seems along the lines of forcing
>a street vendor to pay for building space he isn't going to use.

Have you noticed that street vendors are generally required to
purchase a business license, often pay fees to the city, must be
approved for their selling area(s) and collect taxes?

________Robert J. Granvin________        INTERNET: rjg at sialis.mn.org
____National Computer Systems____          BITNET: rjg%sialis.mn.org at cs.umn.edu
__National Information Services__            UUCP: ...amdahl!bungia!sialis!rjg
                 "Exxon: Our gasoline contains no sea water"