Book Signings at Summer Usenix in Baltimore Hyatt Regency

Rick Adams rick at uunet.UU.NET
Wed Jun 7 14:33:27 AEST 1989

> The Usenix Staff will have info about where the suite is in the hotel

Get real. Why should the USENIX Staff publicize your
commercial venture when you don't bother to buy a booth at their
exhibition?

If you expect to use the services of the USENIX staff in your
profit making venture, why dont you pay for it like all the other vendors.

You really should make it quite clear that your bookstore is
not in any way affiliated or endorsed by USENIX and that you
are really trying to get something for nothing.

I might accept this if you didn't actually sell books at
your "hospitality" suite, but at least have the courtesy to
present it as the bookstore that it is. (Or prove me wrong
and dont bring any books to sell this year)

I'm continually amazed at how tolerant USENIX is in their relations
with you.