Hospitality suites (summary)

paul paul at deadpup.UUCP
Sun Jun 4 14:10:12 AEST 1989

In article <2754 at csd4.milw.wisc.edu>, dave at csd4.milw.wisc.edu (David A Rasmussen) writes:
> Speaking of labels, it would be nice if hors doeuvres, especially things that
> look like something they aren't, and other food, to be identified to eliminate
> complications due to allergies. I am allergic to some fish, and after asking a
> caterer about something last year, I just took a bite, spit it out, and spent
> the next hour with inhaler in front of the reservation desk in case I had to
> go to the hospital. I didn't but... labels could have prevented this.

My wife has a SEVERE reaction to Monosodium Glutimate. In my experience,
labling the dish is not in order, so much as someone in the general vicinity
having a complete ingredient list. As we know of the problem, we ask. If
the information is not available, we eat elsewhere. If we get erroneous
information, as the gentleman above, I tend to be sure to express great
displeasure (at the very least :-).

Paul J. Mech
oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU!deadpup!paul
uiucuxc!oucs!oucsace!deadpup!paul