Baltimore's Lexington Market

Adam Moskowitz adamm at necis.UUCP
Sat May 6 05:18:19 AEST 1989

In article <548 at fallst.UUCP>, tkevans at fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans) wrote:
> A recent posting under the subject of "things to do at USENIX in Baltimore"
> mentioned Baltimore's Lexington Market, but more detail is needed.

Hey Tim - you left out the pickle place! I forget the name, but it's down in
the Southwest corner of the East Market. It has some of the best pickles I've
ever eaten! Good "Old Fashioned" bread & butter chips (big ones, with
onions!), dills, you name it.

I'll also second your suggestion for Faidley's Seafood & the raw bar therein.
If you're into "people watching", check out the old black guys doing the
shucking. The 2 that I remember are (were) 2 of the friendliest people I've
ever met. They could shuck clams & oysters, keep 6 or 8 orders straight, keep
that many people eating non-stop, jockey beer orders, remember who ate how
much and what it costs, and still hold a friendly conversation with several
of the patrons (usually a different conversation with each person). It's a
real treat to watch those guys work. (For those of you that don't like raw
seafood, well, I guess you're s.o.l. unless you wanna watch your friends eat
:-)).
--
Adam S. Moskowitz	            ...!(backbone)!{necntc,encore}!necis!adamm

        "The morning blues, they make me feel so bad;
         it's the worst damn feeling I ever had."