USENIX Board Studies UUCP

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Wed Nov 22 01:56:05 AEST 1989

In article <16645 at nuchat.UUCP> steve at nuchat.UUCP (Steve Nuchia) writes:
> This seesm to me to be the obvious way to go.

As someone else mentioned to me, "You're making sense, that's the problem".
A dial-up SLIP-type protocol is just too logical (hopefully with packet-
level CRC and header compression).

> "Man is still the best computer that we can put aboard a spacecraft --
>  and the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor."
> 					- Wernher von Braun

I take it Wernher didn't have any kids of his own.

"Once they go up, who cares where they come down?"
	-- Tom Lehrer, "Wernher Von Braun".
--
`-_-' Peter da Silva <peter at ficc.uu.net> <peter at sugar.lonestar.org>.
 'U`  --------------  +1 713 274 5180.