Texas Humor? From recent issue of _UNIX TODAY_ - offensive to Anyone named "Billy-Bob" (rot 13)

Dustin Christmann drxmann at walt.cc.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 22 09:26:40 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug21.150309.7181 at decatl.dec.com> hoyt at laura.alf.dec.com (Kurt Hoyt) writes:
>In article <1254 at icus.ICUS.COM>, lenny at icus.ICUS.COM (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>
>>    Texas.  Now there's a state....Guys named
>>    "Billy-Bob" chugalugging Coors and shooting at squirrels with shotguns
>>    from less than a foot away ("Look, Maw!  It's already hamburger!"). Texas.
>>
>I would have thought that Texans named "Billy-Bob" would be chugalugging
>Lone Star instead of Coors....

A _real_ Texan speaks out:

1. It's "Billy Bob," not "Billy-Bob."

2. We drink Shiner Bock, the best beer brewed in America, not Lone Star or
   Coors.

BTW, it's been my general impression that the ones who drink Lone Star are the
transient Yankees and Aggies.

Just thought y'all'd like to know.

Thanx,
Dustin Christmann

Internet:	drxmann at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Bitnet:		drxmann at utxvm
UUCP:		...!ut-emx!ccwf.cc.utexas.edu!drxmann
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you.
 He is an idiot."	-Groucho Marx