pictorial directory

Ellie Young ellie at usenix.ORG
Wed Aug 1 06:39:31 AEST 1990

In article <11098 at alice.UUCP>, andrew at alice.UUCP (Andrew Hume) writes:

> 	how hard would it be to have anothe rpictorial directory?
> i think they are very useful (i am always trying to match
> faces and names). i know they cost a lot but even it cost $10K
> more than the normal attendee list, that is only $5 or 2%
> more per registration.

Andrew,

It wasn't so much the cost of doing a conference attendee list
with Faces, as it was the extra production time needed to
get the faces 'into shape' as well as securing permissions from
those whose faces were saved.  (The San Franscico attendee list
with Faces took 6 months to produce!)  I believe that Lou Katz,
Saver of Lost Faces, is looking into ways to reduce production
time, and if so, he may present a proposal to have USENIX fund
this in the future.

Ellie Young
Exec. DirectOR
USENIX