Getting to the Grand K

Steve Speer ses at hpfcdc.HP.COM
Sat Dec 22 05:35:56 AEST 1990

>There's been discussion as of late regarding how to get to and from the
>alternate hotels to the Grand K.  How about a wider scope?  Does anyone
>know what the options are for getting to the Grand K from DFW airport?
>30 or so miles is an unfortunate waste of resources if you have to think
>"taxi."  :-)

There is exactly one (sane) route.  You take the LBJ (635 North/East) Freeway
from the airport to N. Dallas.  Take the Northbound exit for the Dallas
Tollway (also called Parkway) until you get to Beltline.  You can see the
Grand K. on your left.  It has been two years since I lived there, so my
appologies if I screwed this up (I doubt it).  Unfortunately, Dallas public
transportation hasn't developed much.  The city is very spread out and the
transport of choice is the auto by far.  The taxi ride was $25.00 on last
count (probably gone up since).  It probably wouldn't be hard to hitch a
ride from the rental car desks to the Grand K.  I'd offer, but I already have
4.

On a more interesting vein, anyone care for some restaurant rec's?

	-Steve