Washington competition results

Mike Bayliss mike at holly.siesoft.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 21:35:32 AEST 1990

Here are the winning entries from the EUUG/USENIX challenge at
the Washington USENIX.

The competion was in 2 parts:

1)	The best question to ask somebody wearing one of the "? Ask Me"
	badges.

2)	Complete the sentence "I think standards are great because..."

Part 2 was intended to be a tie-breaker, but after looking at the entries
we decided to judge it as a second competition.

Ask Me questions....

Honourable Mentions:

	How do you pronounce "DesHarnais"?

	What joker put invisible ink in the motd laser printer?

	Why do the good sessions start at 9 a.m.?

The Winner:

	What did the last person ask you?

Standards are great....

Honourable Mentions:

	Well, I think this videotape will explain. Oh. I can't
	play it on your system.

	They give you someplace to fly your flag.

	They're what makes America great!

	The vendors can apply such creative interpretations to
	their implementations.

The Winner:

	They give non-conformists something to not conform to.
======
Mike Bayliss, Siemens Systems Development Group
65-73 Crockhamwell Road, Woodley, Reading, Berkshire, RG5 3JP, UK
Phone: + 44-734-691994 				Email: mike at siesoft.co.uk

Somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on Ace, we've got work to do.