most amusing thing I saw in D. C.

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Wed Jan 31 11:49:52 AEST 1990

In article <507 at lot.ACA.MCC.COM> ables at lot.ACA.MCC.COM (King Ables) writes:
|>I took the FBI tour one afternoon.  They take you through a few
[...]
|>In passing one, I happened to notice a terminal facing towards the
|>window a few feet into the room.  Stepping up close I could make
|>out the following text on the screen:
|>

|>	login:
|>		/usr/lib/expire: command not found

Well according to Rick Adams at UUNET, he said during the USENIX/UUNET
BOF that he sends (or did send in the past) "tapes" of netnews to the FBI.
Because of security, they don't usually allow dialup access :-)

Well for some time (until PC Pursuit because a bit too expensive) I was
feeding some alternative hierarchies (alt and unix-pc) to the Pentagon
(hqda-ai).  That's something I was thinking about while I took the
Pentagon tour during one afternoon of USENIX :-)

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      lenny at icus.islp.ny.us |
| {ames,pacbell,decuac,hombre,sbcs,attctc}!icus!lenny     attmail!icus!lenny |