Software data on Apollo space program

Dominic Dunlop domo at tsa.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 23:51:44 AEST 1990

[Note Followup-To: above.  Just a hint.]

In article Mike <9778 at hubcap.clemson.edu> (System Janitor) writes:
>Who has last winter's USENIX procedings? A NASA bigwig was the keynote
>speaker there, and he had lots to say on the subject [of the software used
>on the Apollo space program].

Too true.  Entertaining, as well, although the material gave the impression
of having been trotted out in front of many audiences before it reached the
assembled hackers of USENIX.  The speaker was Jim Tomayko, Software
Engineering Institute, CMU.  Sadly, one of the things that makes keynotes
different from the rest of a conference is that they don't get written up
in the proceedings, so there's no point in asking.  And I'm pretty sure
that USENIX (unlike, say, UniForum) doesn't publish conference tapes, so
you can't order up a cassette and listen to it as you drive to the spaceport
(or whatever).
--
Dominic Dunlop