UNIX Security Workshop

Carolyn Carr carolyn at usenix
Mon Jul 9 17:30:26 AEST 1990

U N I X    S E C U R I T Y    W O R K S H O P

August 27 - 28, 1990, Portland Oregon

The Second USENIX UNIX Security Workshop will be held in Portland,
Oregon on Monday and Tuesday, August 27-28, 1990.  The workshop is
organized to bring researchers, system administrators and others
together to discuss their needs and interests in the many aspects
of computer security as they relate to the UNIX Operating
System.

This meeting will have elements of both a conference and a workshop; the former
in that there will be presentations, the latter in that discussion and audience
participation are expected.  Speakers will discuss work
in progress and/or work that is planned and will solicit opinions, comments and
suggestions from other participants.
There will be at least three panel sessions .

                        TENTATIVE PROGRAM

Sunday, August 26 - Opening Reception & Registration

Monday, August 27

9:00 - 10:30	AUTHENTICATION I
		How Crackers Crack Passwords
	 	Ana Maria De Alvare, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

		A Survey of, and Improvements to, Password Security
	 	Daniel Klein, Software Engineering Institute, CMU

		Password Security in a Large Distributed Environment
	 	 Michele Crabb, NASA Ames Research Center