Software data on Apollo space program

Charles Dana chdana at wildcat
Wed Jul 25 10:50:16 AEST 1990

Dominic Dunlop writes:

>In article Mike <9778 at hubcap.clemson.edu> (System Janitor) writes:
>>Who has last winter's USENIX procedings? A NASA bigwig was the keynote
>>speaker there, and he had lots to say on the subject [of the software used
>>on the Apollo space program].
>
>Too true.  Entertaining, as well, although the material gave the impression
>of having been trotted out in front of many audiences before it reached the
>assembled hackers of USENIX.  The speaker was Jim Tomayko, Software
>Engineering Institute, CMU.

Find your nearest ACM chapter (normal or student) and talk them into
inviting Tomayko to talk.  He is a ACM National Lecturer (meaning he has
volunteered to give talks to ACM chapters and Special Interest Groups,
with ACM helping to support the travel expenses).  He talked here at Cal
Poly a couple of years ago and was excellent.  He has several prepared
talks that are given to the chapters and I suspect that the keynote
address was adapted from one of those.

--
Charles Dana				        |  chdana at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Computer Science Department			|	    or