list inexpensive hotels and hostels for conferences

Bob Sutterfield bob at MorningStar.Com
Mon Jul 9 03:28:54 AEST 1990

In article <3830 at rodan.acs.syr.edu> jdpeek at rodan.acs.syr.edu (Jerry Peek) writes:
   P.S.  One of the best things about staying at a conference hotel is
   that you can meet people at (and get kicked out of :-)) bars, hot
   tubs, etc.  But just because our rooms are a mile or two away
   doesn't mean we couldn't stay at the conference hotel until late,
   anyhow.

At the Sun User Group in Miami Beach a coupla Decembers ago, quite a
few conferees were in another hotel a block or so away.  Except that
there weren't really blocks involved, just a lovely moonlight or early
morning hike down the beach that nobody minded at all.  We were never
kicked out of anything, including the conference hotel's nifty
pool/grotto that was far nicer than our hotel's pool.

Everything on The Strip was abominably expensive, but they were all
convenient.