Anaheim Usenix Attendees (Opinions)

David Harrington dgh at Unify.Com
Tue Jul 10 06:11:28 AEST 1990

In article <1502 at ssc-bee.ssc-vax.UUCP> maa at ssc-vax.UUCP (Mark A Allyn) writes:
>> >The Marriott management was *EXTREMELY* rude to pool/hottub goers on
>> >(Wed? Thurs?) night;  Ellie Young was there and quite p.o.'ed at them.
>>
>> pool.
>>

>A few general comments about Marriot. While I did not attend this
>conference, I have been to Marriots and have had friend who know people
>who worked in them.
>
>The Marriot's are owned by a Bill Marriot. As far as I know, he and his
>family practicaly own the chain lock stock and barrel.

[...stuff deleted...]

True, the Mariott Co. is owned by Bill Marriott, but he just builds hotels,
then sells them to investors and signs a management contract with the new
owners.

I'd say the owners, not Marriott or his family, have the say on pools, bars,
etc. in the hotel.  It would cartainly be bad business to try to open a
major-league hotel without a bar or a pool.

I don't think his religion gets in the way of business.
--
David Harrington                                      internet: dgh at unify.COM
Unify Corporation                              ...!{csusac,pyramid}!unify!dgh