USENIX and South Africa

Melinda Shore shore at mtxinu.COM
Wed Jun 6 08:28:27 AEST 1990

In article <13055 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>USENIX's business is UNIX, not apartheid.

Well, Usenix's business may be Unix (or maybe "Unix-like operating
systems" or some other mumble), but I fail to see that the organization
has any kind of license or mandate to operate irresponsibly or without
sensitivity to the issues.  Besides, it is my understanding that the
South Africa issue is being thrust upon Usenix, not the other way
around.  Too bad Peter wasn't clearer.
Melinda Shore                             shore at mtxinu.com
mt Xinu                          ..!uunet!mtxinu.com!shore