What's a Usenix Conference like?

Scott Hazen Mueller scott at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG
Wed Jun 6 02:32:22 AEST 1990

Well, I'll be heading down to Anaheim next week to attend my first Usenix
conference, and I'd like to get some info and impressions on what it's like.
I'm interested in things like, how formal do people dress - I imagine that
ties and jackets would be pretty rare, but is there any time that attendees
do try to manage to be a little neater than others?  Also, do most people
wear nametags; I saw one from a couple of years back, with name, email address
and FaceSaver picture - or, am I expected to download lots of FaceSaver images
from uunet and study them?

I'm also interested in just impressions, pointers, tips and observations that
would make a first-time attendee's trip more pleasant.

Thanks,
--
Scott Hazen Mueller | scott at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG or (ames|pyramid|vsi1)!zorch!scott
10122 Amador Oak Ct.|(408) 253-6767     |Mail fusion-request at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG