What's a Usenix Conference like?

George W. Leach reggie at dinsdale.paradyne.com
Wed Jun 6 22:48:26 AEST 1990

In article <4496 at muffin.cme.nist.gov> libes at cme.nist.gov (Don Libes) writes:
>It really is helpful to know how to "do USENIX".  Here is how I do it:
[lots of good tips deleted]

>If it comes down to choosing a talk that might be worthwhile, or
>seeing a product, go for the talk.  This is a technical conference,
>after all!  Most of us can see products any time.  Plus a lot of
>vendors set up hospitality suites with their products in the evening.

   Yes, but don't be bashful about leaving a talk if it is not turning
out how you thought it would.  You make better use of that time at other
events and still get back in time for the next talk.

>(I'll let someone else report on the hospitality suite scene.)

   It has been my impression that Sun throws the best one :-)

George W. Leach					AT&T Paradyne
(uunet|att)!pdn!reggie				Mail stop LG-133
Phone: 1-813-530-2376				P.O. Box 2826
FAX: 1-813-530-8224				Largo, FL 34649-2826 USA