What's a Usenix Conference like?

Brian Kantor brian at ucsd.Edu
Wed Jun 6 15:11:25 AEST 1990

Imagine a bunch of over-age graduate students standing around in shorts
and t-shirts talking about their favourite computing toys while an
ever-increasing number of suits hang around looking for the holy grail
that someone told them Unix was going to be.

It's fun, it's informal, and if you wear a tie you deserve what you get.

I missed the last conference, but I'll be at this one and rating the
hospitality suites and show toys as always.  After all, who'd want to go
work for a company that thinks that real programmers want to drink lite
beer?

Don't forget to bring your YoYos.
	- Brian