Summary of Meeting

745 adams at swbatl.sbc.com
Sat Mar 17 14:39:25 AEST 1990

In article <341 at usenix.ORG> ellie at usenix.ORG (Ellie Young) writes:
>Board Election
>
>     Young reported on the calendar of events, and was asked to post the can-
>didates' statements on the net.  Taylor advocated using USENET as a forum for
>the candidates.  Most felt that this was inappropriate and that the candidates
>be contacted individually via e-mail.

I wonder if someone present at the board meeting could briefly cover the
objections to Dave's proposed use of USENET?  I'm also curious about
the general reaction to the idea.

Usenet seems an ideal means of distributing information and allowing
public questions and answers (an electronic "town meeting"?).  It would
also be a lot easier to fix the typos. : )
uunet!swbatl!adams or adams at swbatl.sbc.com
Tom Adams: 314-235-7459: Southwestern Bell Telephone Advanced Technology Lab
BOOKS WANTED: pre-1930 radio, electrical & scientific topics