too trivial to post separately

Don Libes libes at cme.nist.gov
Sat Mar 17 12:27:28 AEST 1990

1) Why were the USENIX candidates bios and positions posted when they
came with the ballots anyway?  (I have to say that I was disappointed
with Alex.  I expected a more atypical photo, to go with the atypical
bio.)

2) Were there any WiPs the second day at DC USENIX?  I didn't bother
going after only 1 was scheduled the first day.  What happened?  This
always used to be informative and a lot of fun.  Please give the WiPs
more attention.  (And get someone really caustic to keep speakers to
their allotted time.  Remember when Honeyman did it?)

3) I don't understand this business of a housing bureau.  My secretary
had no problem finding a lower rate ($59 double) than the one USENIX
quoted ($75) at the Days Inn Inner Harbor at Baltimore.  Would someone
tell me the rationale here?

4) I personally don't see the need for free pens (at the tutorials),
but if you must, please make them round.  Does anyone really think
square pens are comfortable?

Don Libes          libes at cme.nist.gov      ...!uunet!cme-durer!libes